Care of the Soul Leadership Award
The purpose of the Care of the Soul Leadership Award is to recognize men and women who faithfully serve the Lord and provide leadership in the area of special ministries with an emphasis on:
- Creating public awareness about these ministries in congregations and individuals.
- Sharing the Gospel with those populations often forgotten.
Nominees for this award may be any WELS/ELS Called worker or layperson not currently employed by TLHA or serving on one of TLHA’s Boards.
The Care of the Soul Leadership Award provides an opportunity for TLHA to show appreciation to individuals and to thank God for providing faithful servants in the work of His Kingdom.
Previous recipients are:
- 2016: JoEllen Augustine, Kathy Augustine, Ardis Koeller and Dennis Metcalf
- 2015: Nadiya Borshch, Dr. Sharon Burow and Noah Metro
- 2014: Carman Meyer, Judy Schwartz, Rev. Nathan Cordes and Myrtiss Riediger
- 2013: Rev. Donald and Jean Buch and David Menk
- 2012: Jon Scharlemann
- 2011: Bonnie Gregerson and Janis Johnson
- 2010: Larry McDonald and the Buelow Family (Randy, Sharyn, Shaynna and Andrew)
- 2009: Robert O. Fischer
- 2008: Mary Braun
- 2007: Helen Griffith
- 2006: Joy Gostchock
- 2005: Julie Luetke
- 2004: Bruce Cuppan