Services and support in the comfort of your own home
Kingsway Community Services provides older adults who are living in their community homes with the support and advanced technology they need to maintain their independence, self-sufficiency and optimum health and safety. Our innovative services promote wellness and enhance lives.
Our extensive menu of cost-effective services and advanced technology are tailored to meet individual needs and are responsive to changes in health status. We utilize an innovative approach to assist older adults in obtaining successful health and personal outcomes while remaining in the comfort of their own homes. Individual service needs are identified through an assessment completed by a registered nurse.
View our health monitoring rate sheet (PDF).
Kingsway Community Services provides technology and support in the comfort of your own home. We offer a broad range of services that are overseen by a team of registered nurses and other professionals. Our community services include the following options:
- eNeighbor® technology: An extensive monitoring system including emergency response system, vital signs monitoring, glucose monitoring, advanced sensor technology, medication reminders and 24-hour response center.
- Home and community services: Homemaker, chore, meal and transportation assistance, companion services and respite care.
- Registered nursing services: Initial assessment, 14 day assessments, medication ordering, care coordination with families, appointment scheduling, wound care and glucose monitoring.
- Home health services: Medication administration, personal care assistance, vital sign checks, transferring assistance, laundry and assistance with meals.
- Social and recreational services: Weekly fitness classes, social activities, wellness expos,community activities and family celebrations held at a central location.
- Educational courses and resources: Family educational services and a variety of senior health care related courses provided. Caregiver education and Alzheimer’s support groups available.
- Rehabilitative therapies: Physical, occupational and speech therapies are available on both an outpatient and inpatient basis. Rehabilitative therapies are conducted at our
Wellness and Rehabilitation Center, which features state-of-the-art Nautilus® equipment.
Our comprehensive community services paired with advanced technology work successfully together to provide older adults with one of the most innovative community support systems currently available in health care.
The use of the effective eNeighbor® system in the community provides older adults with an extensive monitoring system that puts necessary safety systems in place to assist individuals in remaining independent in their own home.
Our technology partner is Healthsense Inc., winner of several federal grants from the U.S. Department of Defense and the National Institute of Health.
815 West Main Street
Belle Plaine, MN 56011
This project was supported, in part, by a CS/SD grant from the Department of Human Services (DHS). Points of view or opinions do not necessarily represent official DHS policy.