FAQs about The Lutheran Home Association
Thank you for your interest in our organization! You can click on a question below to view the answer.
Services and Programs
Jesus Cares Ministries
The Lutheran Home Association is a nonprofit corporation owned and operated by an association of Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) and Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS) congregations. Our mission is to share Christ’s love as we serve the spiritual, physical, intellectual and emotional needs of people entrusted to our care and others whose lives we touch.
Jesus Cares Ministries is our national outreach program, assisting congregations in sharing God’s Word with people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families and communities.
We have 1 location in Minnesota in Belle Plaine.
The Lutheran Home Campus in Belle Plaine is a 22-acre continuum of care campus, with independent senior living, assisted living, skilled nursing care and memory care. An Intermediate Care Facility for people with developmental disabilities and apartments for people with disabilities are also part of our campus. Community rehabilitative therapies are available as well.
Jesus Cares Ministries, our national outreach ministry, is also based in Belle Plaine at our National Ministry Offices.
We have 3 locations in Wisconsin.
St. Michael’s Assisted Living in Fountain City offers assisted living, respite care and coordinates therapy services for residents and community members.
Wellhaven Senior Living in River Falls offers independent and assisted living.
Heritage Homes in Watertown, Wisconsin, offers independent senior living, assisted living and memory care.
Each location offers individuals services, which may include:
- Skilled nursing care
- Assisted living
- Independent senior living
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Independent senior living
- An Intermediate Care Facility for adults with developmental disabilities (in Belle Plaine)
- Jesus Cares Ministries, an outreach ministry
- Summer Ministry Experience, a program for college students to learn about special ministries
We invite you to learn more about our services and programs by exploring our website.
We offer market-rate apartments for seniors 55 and older in Belle Plaine in Minnesota and River Falls and Watertown in Wisconsin. Our affordable apartments (in which you must meet HUD eligibility requirements) are for adults 18 and older with disabilities and adults 62 and older are in Belle Plaine, Minnesota.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about our senior living options.
We offer assisted living at Kingsway Retirement Living in Belle Plaine, Minnesota.
We offer both outpatient and inpatient physical, occupational and speech therapies at The Lutheran Home: Belle Plaine in Minnesota; St. Michael’s Assisted Living in Fountain City, Wisconsin; and Heritage Homes in Watertown, Wisconsin.
We offer skilled nursing care, including respite and hospice services, at The Lutheran Home: Belle Plaine in Minnesota.
The Lutheran Home: Belle Plaine in Minnesota has a Special Care Residence, which provides specialized care for individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Kingsway Retirement Living in Belle Plaine, Minnesota, offers a dedicated memory care area with studio apartments, an interactive kitchenette, a courtyard and recreational and social opportunities.
Heritage Homes in Watertown, Wisconsin, offers memory care with specifically designed safe and home-like interior spaces, and staff who easily adapt to unique sleeping, eating and activity patterns.
This outreach ministry assists congregations in meeting their responsibility to share the Gospel. JCM trains and provides resources to congregational volunteers working with people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families and communities.
Through Jesus Cares Ministries (JCM), we offer religious curriculum, a simplified liturgical service designed to give each part of the service special meaning and other resources for starting a JCM program.
We invite you to learn more about Jesus Cares Ministries (JCM) by visiting the JCM pages on the website. You are also welcome to contact any of our JCM team members or call our National Ministry Offices at 1-888-600-TLHA (8542) to learn more about how to start a program.
Click on the position you are interested in our employment section on this website to see who to contact.
There are many different types of positions needed to allow our ministry to provide services each day.
At a skilled care nursing home, some of the types of positions that may be available (it varies by our location) are noted below.
- Within the nursing department (RNs, LPNs, Nursing Assistants/Registered, Medical Records, Nursing staff coordinator)
- Food services (lead workers, cooks, dietitian)
- Therapeutic Recreation (TR assistants)
- Social Services (social workers, admissions/marketing coordinator)
- Rehabilitative therapies (physical, occupational, and speech)
- Environmental Services (housekeeping, laundry and maintenance)
- Administrative: Accounts payable/receivable staff, administrative assistants, receptionists, administrators/executive directors, and management positions for the various departments noted above.
Because the needs at each site are different, the positions available vary. Learn more about open positions by visiting our employment section.
Yes. We invite you to learn more about our chaplaincy services at each location by exploring our website.
Our residents and staff really enjoy it when young people come to visit and/or provide music for a chapel service or a special concert. Or, if distance is an issue, you can send a tape for us to use as part of an activity.
Contact our National Ministry Offices or your nearest facility to make arrangements to have your students visit.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our ministry!
You may go about making a contribution in several ways:
- Gift-in-kind items: May be dropped off or shipped to the location of your choice. We would be happy to provide you with a “Needs” or “Wish” list.
- Outright gifts of cash: Please make your check out to The Lutheran Home Association and designate if you have a specific area you’d like to support (TLH: Hope Residence, Jesus Cares Ministries, Chaplaincy, etc). If you are making a gift to our Foundation, that check should be written out to: TLHA Foundation. Note: We also do accept credit card donations.
- Other charitable gift options: A variety of giving options are available: trusts, annuities, stocks, bonds, life insurance, etc.
Our Office of Mission Advancement team members are available to assist you. There is no cost for these services. Please call us at 1-888-600-TLHA (8542), and we’ll be happy to help to answer your questions.
From time to time, we have special matching gift programs in place.
You can also see if your employer offers matched gifts. Check with your Human Resource Office to see if your company provides a matching gift for your charitable contribution.
We do have a vehicle donation program, and we invite you to contact us to learn more about it.
The 2 most recent versions of all web browsers work with our website. If you have an older version (such as Internet Explorer 6), that may be causing the problem.