We understand that finding your new home is an important and challenging decision.
We are here to help!
Each of our care communities is designed for you to thrive. Our care communities offer varying levels of care from independent living (IL) to assisted living (AL), memory care (MC), disability housing (DH) and more. Each and every one of our care teams is equipped to provide quality Christian care to meet your needs.
Our approach to care is to provide Christ-centered care. We do this through a variety of service offerings:
- Chaplaincy — Opportunities abound for sharing the love of Jesus with people who use our services. At each of our locations, we provide chaplaincy services that include Bible studies, worship services, devotions, and personal visits. Ordained pastors serve as chaplains at each of our locations. All faiths are welcome.
- Memory Care/Alzheimer’s — Older adults who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cognitive diseases require and deserve special care. We are committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and engaging environment designed to meet the needs of those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
- Memory care communities:
- The Lutheran Home: Belle Plaine — This community offers a Special Care Residence, specially designed to provide a higher level of care as Alzheimer’s or other dementias progress. Our staff are provided with ongoing training opportunities throughout the year to serve resident needs related to dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Kingsway Retirement Living, Belle Plaine, Minn. — Kingsway has a living area dedicated to providing memory care. This neighborhood includes an interactive kitchenette, studio apartments, common areas, garden and patio, and secure entry and exit. Kingsway hosts the Belle Plaine Dementia Awareness Alliance and participates in local events.
- Heritage Homes, Watertown, Wis. — Heritage Homes offers a living area designed for residents with memory loss. This neighborhood includes an interactive kitchenette, studio apartments, common areas, garden and patio, and secure entry and exit. Heritage Homes participates in community dementia and Alzheimer’s initiatives.
- Memory Café — Several of our care communities host a Memory Cafe, a social gathering for those with memory loss and their caregivers. Program content varies based on guests’ interests, needs, and concerns. We welcome those with dementia or other cognitive diseases, individuals with mild cognitive impairment, and people who are concerned about memory loss, as well as family members or caregivers.
- Belle Plaine Campus
When: 3rd Tuesday of the month
Time: 10 – 11:30 a.m.
Location: Solid Grounds Coffee House [145 Commerce Drive West]
Contact: Sharon Blume (952) 873-5900
This event is hosted by the Belle Plaine Dementia Awareness Alliance.
- Heritage Homes
When: 4th Thursday of the month
Time: 10 a.m.
Location: Heritage Homes Independent Living
Contact: Kamilla Thomas (920) 567-2002
The event is hosted in conjunction with the Watertown Dementia Friendly Initiative.
- Wellhaven Senior Living
When: Last Tuesday of the month
Time: 10 – 11:15 a.m.
Location: Wellhaven Senior Living, 119 Union Street in River Falls, WI.
Contact: Laura at Wellhaven Senior Living, (715) 426-4646
This event is hosted in partnership with the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of Pierce and St. Croix counties.
- Belle Plaine Campus
- Rehabilitative therapies — We partner with therapy providers to offer physical, speech, and occupational therapies at The Lutheran Home: Belle Plaine’s Wellness & Rehabilitation Center in Minnesota and at St. Michael’s Assisted Living in Wisconsin.